Thursday, July 07, 2005

"you need to change your blog"

Today's blog is dedicated to my mother, who, having created a blog just like everyone wanted her to, keeps posting daily!

All is well here at the Cormier home! I particularly am liking this cool spell we are experiencing. We are both teaching full-time now, so we are busy. I love teaching in the summer for Upward Bound. The students are still in high school which means 1) they have energy, and 2) they don't have that petrified & too-cool-for-school attitude of so many (but not all) of my college students. These high schoolers actually interact with me like I'm a human!

In gardening news, our basil has been utterly destroyed by flea beetles... or so I think. I know there are all sort of things I can do to control these little pests, but alas when I finally decided to take action, there was no foliage to act upon. Basil stalks in pesto anyone?

Our morning glories seem to think that the mornings are simply not glorious enough around here. After months they are still only a measly few inches high. The twine I had tied up with starry-eyed hope for lovely trumpeting flowers is pathetically waiting for its raison d'etre. It was a lovely thought though...

Happier news! Impatiens in pots on the front porch are getting so lush and lovely. Also, an old wooden window-box I found under the deck & dragged out is doing well for some petunias, portulaca, and some annual starting with d.

Tomorrow Jonathan and Kristen Gourley are brining Silas over and we will get acquainted with him while they have dinner and a movie out. We've already met him and he looks just like Jonathan! A very sweet little boy.

Saturday is the Brimfield Antique Show in MA! Although we should not bring any cash, we love to GLOM! If there is anything anyone wants me to look for, I'd be happy to keep my eyes open. Ken and I went the first summer we were dating and had a blast. We also had a blast that summer seeing "A Prairie Home Companion" with Jean & Phil at Tanglewood, and the summer after that, and just last weekend. Gillian Welch was the musical guest. She's a blast. If only we could arrange our future jobs so that we'd always be able to take an afternoon drive to the Berkshires and have a blast . . . .

Miss Marble and Lula send their love out into blogspace.

6 comments:

Liza said...

Hi Hi!

Miss you.

littlegrammie said...

Your mother has a blog??? How did I miss out on that? I can't wait to read it. Let me know the address...........PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Kara said...

Aunt Lauri has a blog? Why has no one told me? What is the url??!

Kara said...

Oh, my mother and I share a brain... we really do. We said alost the exact same thing!!!

littlegrammie said...

OOOOPS.......I didn't know that you had complained about Emily being behind in her blog. I am so disappointed. I thought you had started your own blog. You don't need a digital camera to have a blog. We'll have fun just reading your entries. You can also take pictures with your regular old camera and scan them into your blog with your scanner.

emily said...

Oh dear. Seems I have caused quite a sensation . . . see how POPULAR your blog would be Mother?